- Lead11 takes great care to comply with all central and state legislation in India to ensure that our users are fully protected. Every contest on our platform is carefully designed to comply with applicable statutes and regulations in India.
- Games of skill are legal, as they are excluded from the ambit of Indian gambling legislations including, the Public Gambling Act of 1867. The Indian Supreme Court in the cases of State of Andhra Pradesh v. K Satyanarayana (AIR 1968 SC 825) and KR Lakshmanan v. State of Tamil Nadu (AIR 1996 SC 1153) has held that a game in which success depends predominantly upon the superior knowledge, training, attention, experience, and adroitness of the player shall be classified as a game of skill.
- The Contest (s) described above (on the Platform) are games of skill as success of Participants depends primarily on their superior knowledge of the games of cricket, football, Kabaddi, cricket statistics, football statistics, Kabaddi statistics, knowledge of players’ relative form, players’ performance in a particular territory, conditions and/or format (such as ODIs, test cricket and Twenty20 in the cricket fantasy game), attention and dedication towards the Contest(s) and adroitness in playing the Contest(s). The Contest(s) also requires Participants to field well-balanced sides with limited resources and make substitutions at appropriate times to gain the maximum points.
- By participating in this Contest(s), each Participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is participating in a game of skill.
- You can find more information on the legality of Lead11 and Fantasy Sports in India on the website of the Indian Federation of Sports Gaming (IFSG): www.ifsg.in. IFSG is India’s first and only self-regulatory Sports Gaming industry body formed to protect consumer interest and create standardised best practices in the Sports Gaming industry.